In 2015 we set out on a mission to disrupt labor intensive industries through the delivery of an intelligent, location-aware software platform. Advances in smartphones and IoT sensors created an opportunity to completely change how businesses manage their workforce and assets. Over the past two years that idea has grown into a successful SaaS solution that:
- shows the real-time and historical location of workers;
- Uses IoT sensors to trigger mobile content, forms and automated processes, improving workforce productivity; and
- Creates valuable insights that reduce costs and drive operational improvements.
We are incredibly proud of what we have built, but there is still a long way to go to achieve our vision for Lighthouse.io.
To help bring this vision closer, we are excited to announce that in late December 2016 we successfully raised US$1.25M in seed funding to drive product development and help us better meet the needs of our customers. This marks a huge milestone for us as a company and further validates the value that we provide to the facilities management and CRE sector through the application of mobile and IoT technologies. You can read more about our seed raise in TechCrunch.
The seed funding was led by Tamarisc, an early stage venture capital firm that invests in real estate technology companies, and was joined by Morningside Technology Ventures and Storm Industries Investments. Each of these investors brings a wealth of experience and industry knowledge that will help us on our mission.
The current round of funding will allow us to significantly speed up product development and deliver the features our clients want sooner. Some of these features include:
- Easier to use mobile app for frontline workers;
- More detailed reporting and workforce trends;
- Better notifications related to activity at client sites;
- More workflow automation using IoT sensors and integrations with other systems.
The funding will also help us explore horizontal markets such as real estate and health care.
We would like to thank our investors for believing in the team and product, and a huge thanks to all our customers that have supported the company up until today. We look forward to an exciting year, and working closely with our customers to help redefine the future of workforce management.
CEO and Co-Founder
Want to learn more about Lighthouse.io?